Coming into my second year at university I had a brief idea that I would have to sort out my professional experience as part of one of my modules. Honestly I have no idea what I specifically want to do all I know is that I would enjoy working in a gallery, exhibition hall, working/helping alongside a photographer but apart from that or in more detail I begin to struggle. Last week I attended a lecture about this module which was also for the other media/art students as we all have to take part in the same module.
I took quite a few notes down on the lecture in hopes it would help me sort out what I wanted and needed to do in preparation for this but I am also hoping that speaking to my tutor a bit more will help me direct myself into an interesting and exciting professional experience.
A few notes I took;
– Experience can be built up of more than one placement but has to be a minimum of 20 days. Evidence all 20 days of experience, sort out health and safety papers.
– I can get my own work, paid or not…will help me to learn how to start my own business when I do leave university
– If I want I can start my own project – Not sure if I will be doing this.
– I will be assessed on two different things;
1. Due: 9 January 2012/13;
- Up-to date CV
- SWOT analysis
- Proposal detailing the area in which you wish to find my opportunities
2. Due: 14th May 2012/13;
- Audio-visual summary of what I’ve done during my experience. To be presented to my colleagues
– Keys to success;
- Be honest
- Be clear and specific
- Get a reality check
- Positive but realistic
– Take a look at creative job applications as that may be what will get you your dream job (check moodle)